Saturday, September 1, 2012

Stephanie's Gold and Burgundy Wedding Cake

This wedding cake was really fun for me because I made it for the little sister of one of my really good friends from my junior high and high school days. I hadn't seen her for almost 2 years when she contacted me about doing a wedding cake for her little sister. First of all, it was really weird for me to think that our little sisters are old enough to get married. In my head, 5 years and 1 child after the fact, I feel like I am barely old enough to get married. So once I got over that shock I had a lot of fun meeting with Stephanie (who is not 9 years old anymore) and her fiance and discussed this cake. She said her colors were champagne, gold and burgundy. I have never done those colors on a cake, so I was excited. She also wanted to use a nontraditional  cake topper. I was a little worried initially about the Willow Tree figurine, but I think it turned out really well. I iced the cake in a champagne colored Icing and then sprayed it with gold luster dust (which comes of surprisingly yellow in the pictures). Then I went crazy making all kinds of different burgundy gumpaste flowers. I was pleased with the results and very happy to have a chance to reconnect with an old friend while delivering the cake.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment